The Bradbury Company is recognized around the world as the leader of quality roll forming solutions. We offer our people a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. You can apply by downloading our online application and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lay out, fit, and weld fabricated components to assemble structural frames such as machinery bases by performing the below described duties. Provide a quality product for our customer.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly fit up and welding in the most efficient manner.
- Plan work, layout, tack, and weld components per print and welding specifications
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and weld components using Gas Metal Arc Welding, Submerged arc, and Robotic Gas Metal Arc Welding.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Work with team members and supervision to solve problems with fit up and handling of parts.
- Required to operate grinders, weld positioners, forklifts, overhead hoists, shear, press brake, and other shop equipment as needed.
- Required to weld with a variety of gases, welding machines, and wire sizes from .035 thru 1/16’ diameter welding wire.
- Required to cross train and move to other work centers as assigned.
- Required to check completed work to ensure it is built per print.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill & Abilities:
- Able to use and understand all weld measuring instruments, such as tape measure, protractor, weld gauges.
- Basic math.
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, bills of material, setup sheets, etc.
- Able to operate welders and other machinery with little or no supervision.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education / Training:
- Prefer successful completion of related course work at a trade or technical school
- Multi-pass heavy welding of plate steel up to 12" thick preferred, but not required
- Requires a strong, related work history.
- Must supply own hand tools
- Ability to change assignments frequently
- Prefer previous welding, fabricating experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Can work well independently and with others.
- Observes safety and security procedures by using equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Completes tasks on time.