The Bradbury Company is recognized around the world as the leader of quality roll forming solutions. We offer our people a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. You can apply by downloading our online application and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing goods and supplies, including determining requirements, working with vendors, and negotiating contracts. The buyer will ensure immediate corrective action is taken on defective goods, review and approve prices and invoices, and research alternate sources of goods to ensure availability, quality, and competitive pricing. The Buyer must develop a thorough knowledge of the products purchased and its application.
- Develop long-term vendor relationships that allow Bradbury to obtain high quality products at decreased prices and reduced lead-times
- Determine appropriate levels of safety stock while minimizing inventory levels.
- Verify terms, quality and quantity of purchase order is met by supplier. Promptly respond to and resolve performance issues, purchase price variances, and defective goods problems by exchange or warranty repair.
- Accurate pricing obtained and entered on purchase order prior to receipt.
- Research alternative components and sources to improve or resolve problems dealing with availability or competitive pricing.
- Travel to suppliers' facilities as required to obtain information and / or expedite materials.
- Recommend improvements to internal processes and supply chain flow.
- Have clear understanding of The Bradbury Group Values and Beliefs and a commitment to adhere to the Values and Beliefs throughout each day in actions and decisions.
Skills & Abilities Required / Preferred
- Negotiation and conflict resolutions skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read engineering prints
- Computer skills and experience with MS Office Software and ERP/MRP systems.
Education / Training Required / Preferred
- Prefer bachelor's degree with emphasis in purchasing or business administration or 3 to 5 years of purchasing experience.
Other Requirements / Preferences
- Knowledge of industrial equipment and machinery
- Background in an engineering-to-order-environment
- Proven Team Player
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent mathematical skills